Monday, 15 October 2012

Pen Texture Exercise


I enjoyed making this illustration and I don't feel very confident at creating textures in my illustrations so this was a good challenge. I like the textures for the clothes on the line and the wood for the window frame and door.. I'm not too sure about the other bits I like the grass but think it could look better and I wasn't sure what texture to use for the watering can so just went for a cross hatch as I wanted it to look solid and hard not soft. As well as that I wasn't sure whether to leave the bottom of the image white or add some texture but was scared of overdoing it =S I'm also debating adding texture to the characters hair but unsure...

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME! I love your pen shading especially the wood grain.

    ReplyDelete